Share your vision for the future of finance in Santander's Big Ideas competition
Satander are looking for talented students to get involved in their Big Ideas initiative. If you're creative, good at problem solving and have a great idea that will shape the future of the financial industry, then they want to hear from you!
The competition is very simple - Santander have three challenges that they would like to pose to you:
The future of semantic search: semantic search could be a great tool to help us digest customer data. Help us understand how.
The future of digital authentication: if someone had told you 10 years ago that, in the future, you’d be able to unlock your phone with your fingerprint, would you have believed them? What do you think is next?
The future of virtual banking: virtual reality is the seamless transition from the physical to the virtual world. How can we use it to improve Santander’s customer experience?
Your task is to provide solutions to these challenges, ensuring that they fit within a certain criteria.
Santander have up to £20,000 to give away to students and graduates as part of the Big Ideas Challenge. The prize money will be awarded as per below:
Best overall phase one submissions: up to 30 prizes of £50 will be given to the 30 best entries in phase one, which will be judged based on the entries creativity, feasibility, viability and credibility.
There will then be a further 4 prizes available for phase two applicants:
- The future of semantic search category winner: £5,000
- The future of digital authentication category winner: £5,000
- The future of virtual banking category winner: £5,000
- Creative thinkers award: £3,500 – this prize will be awarded to an entry from phase two that has shown an excellent level of creativity or innovation, but that did not necessarily meet the judging criteria outlined.
As well as the financial prize, finalists will also be given the opportunity to:
- Develop ideas with engagement from Santander’s Innovation team, leading to solutions that could be commercialised
- Present their idea to Santander’s senior or executive teams
- Gain valuable experience for their CV
- Contextualise their academic experience using a real life business challenge
To find out more about the challenge visit the Santander website or pop into the ranch of Santander on Level 3 of the Students' Union.
Santander is a partner of the University of Sheffield via a collaboration agreement that provides funds for scholarships, mobility grants, internships, support to entrepreneurs and other activities.