Where to go if you feel unwell at University

If you feel unwell during your time at University here in Sheffield, it’s important to know where you need to go for help.

Register with the University Health Service on Gell Street (just off West Street), who are open Monday - Saturday. View their opening times online:

University Health Service

You can also visit the walk in centre at 75 Broad Lane with no appointment. The walk in centre is open 8am-10pm every day. 

If you are feeling ill and need to speak to someone outside of opening hours, call 111, a 24 hour NHS helpline.

If you need to visit A&E, you should go to Northern General Hospital on Herries Road, the location of Sheffields's Adult Accident and Emergency department. 

In a medical emergency, call 999.

As Sheffield Children’s Hospital is a paediatric trust, anyone over the age of 16 will be referred to Northern General Hospital.

For security reasons, members of the public are also not allowed on the premises of Sheffield Children’s Hospital to use the toilet. Please use the facilities nearby at the Students’ Union instead.