Information for Supervisors
The Sheffield Undergraduate Research Scheme (SURE) offers funded opportunities for undergraduate students from any discipline to work in partnership with an academic staff member on a dedicated research project during the summer vacation.
Who can apply?
- University of Sheffield Academic Staff (Post-docs and research associates are welcome to apply provided that they have experience of supervising student research (at either UG or PG level)). This is to ensure that the level of support and supervision meets students' needs.
- Progress research interests and activities
- Increase research capacity to test an idea or theory
- Work with an enthusiast
- Provide a research opportunity for an undergraduate students
How to apply
- Applications open in February each year
- Forms are available on this site
- Students must submit a joint application with an academic supervisor