Information for Supervisors
The Sheffield Undergraduate Research Scheme (SURE) offers funded opportunities for undergraduate students from any discipline to work in partnership with an academic staff member on a dedicated research project during the summer vacation.
Who can apply?
- Academic staff,
- Research associates with demonstrable experience of supervising student research, or
- PhD students with an experienced named member of academic staff available to support them during the project, in the role of guarantor/ mentor. This will need to be reflected in the supervisor requirements.
- Progress research interests and activities
- Increase research capacity to test an idea or theory
- Work with an enthusiast
- Provide a research opportunity for an undergraduate students
How to apply
- Applications open in February each year
- Forms are available on this site
- Students must submit a joint application with an academic supervisor