TechNet: Our Outstanding Technicians
* Don't miss out as places can go quickly - sign up by clicking HERE *
This event will recognise and award technicians in our university who were nominated for the Times Higher Education: Outstanding Technician of the Year Award. We will have some talks from some of the nominees and the nominees will accept their award from TechNet and the Technician Commitment Working Group.
Nina Cardinal, co-chair of the Technicians commitment Working Group will be attending to talk about progress on the technician commitment and to answer any questions relating to the Technician Commitment Initiative.
Come along and listen to the speakers over a hot or cold drink and lunch.
The 'Outstanding Technician of the Year Award' Category:
This award will be given to an individual whose exceptional practical skills, commitment and vision have enabled the highest quality teaching, research or knowledge transfer. It is open to technicians working in any discipline in UK universities and research institutes. Entries will be accepted from institutions, technicians themselves, their colleagues or students, but in all cases testimonies must form part of the supporting documentation.
- Judges will be looking for evidence of a technician's essential contribution to a project or ongoing piece of work. How was the impact evaluated?
- Describe how the nominee works with academics, students and others to build a strong working environment in which all parties thrive.
- Explain how innovation and efficiencies are delivered.
- Beyond the day-to-day role, has the nominee been involved in building a strong community of technicians within an institution, or undertaken other activities in line with the aims of the Technician Commitment?
- Does the nominee represent technical staff on institutional committees or boards? If so, explain how they have successfully brought the technician's voice to its decision-making.
Date, location & info:
Wednesday 17th of July, 12.30pm - 1.45pm
Alfred Denny conference room - to see location click HERE
Who is this event for?
In short - Absolutely everyone is welcome!
- If you are an individual who has an interest in the technical community then this TechNet event is for you.
- This TechNet event is open to all; technicians, researchers, admin staff, technical managers, HR personnel, staff development, teaching staff and anybody who has an interest in the technical community.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.