Due to start your undergraduate studies in 2019? Here's everything you need to know about your fees and costs.
What you need to know
- For new entrants to courses in 2019 the University of Sheffield Home (UK/EU) undergraduate fee will be £9,250.
- The latest fees information is on the University website.
- Loans are available from the government to cover tuition fees and living costs
- You don't have to pay anything upfront and you don't start repaying your loan until you're earning over £25,000 per year
- In some circumstances you might pay a reduced fee (for example if you spend a year abroad)
Exceptions to our standard fee
If you choose to study abroad, spend a year in employment or a year in industry your fee may be reduced.
Check how much your fee will be – use this 2018 information as a guide:
Home or overseas fee status
In common with other UK universities, the University of Sheffield charges different tuition fees depending on whether students are classed as Home or Overseas for fee purposes.
If you are an overseas student or are unsure whether you are classed as one, you will need to find out about your fee status.
Loans, grants and funding
You may be able to get a loan from the government to cover the full cost of your tuition fees for each year of your course. You can also apply for a maintenance loan to contribute to your living costs: