UNITISS Dissemiation Event at EUROMAT 2015
The UNITISS team recently organised a special session, as part of EUROMAT 2015 (www.euromat2015.fems.org/), on "Materials and Devices for Emerging Healthcare Technologies". The UNITISS presentations from this event are avaiable below) September:
- "Measurement of load-induced changes in pig aorta fibre organization by non-invasive imaging as a model for detecting the tissue response to endovascular catheters"
- "Replicating diseased aorta mechanical properties via enzymatic digestion and glutaraldehyde treatment"
- "UNITISS: Competence development in catheter design for reduced clinical complications"
- "Amphiphilic chitosan derivatives as multifunctional coatings for catheters"
- "Real-time simulation of soft tissues: unraveling the speed-accuracy conundrum in biomedical applications"
- "Elasto-Hydrodynamic Lubrication in catheter-blood vessel contacts"
- "A combined experimental computational method for estimating friction during soft tissue perforation"
- "Evaluation of porcine aorta damage using FTIR spectroscopy"
- "Feasibility assessment of concepts for a controllable stiffness catheter"
- "Transradial access for cardiac catheterization: new biomaterials challenges"
- "Pressure sensitive silicone composite for minimum invasive applications"
- "Comparison of frictional and mechanical properties of human skin and synthetic materials in dry and moist skin conditions"
- "Understanding the strain behavior in the human finger-pad and forearm skin"
- P. Sobolewski, M. El Fray, "Cardiac Catheterisation: Consequences for the Endothelium and Potential for Nanomedicine", WIREs Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology, DOI: 10.1002/wnan.1316.
- K.H. Dellimore, A.R. Helyer, S.E. Franklin “A Scoping Review of Important Urinary Catheter Induced Complications”, J Mater Sci: Materials in Medicine (2013) 24:1825–1835.
- K.H. Dellimore, S.E. Franklin, A.R. Helyer “A Review of Catheter Related Complications during Minimally Invasive Transcatheter Cardiovascular Intervention with Implications for Catheter Design”, Cardiovascular Engineering and Technology (CVET), DOI: 10.1007/s13239-014-0183-9, May 2014.
- A. Niemczyk, M. El Fray, S.E. Franklin, "Friction BEhaviour of Hydrophilic Lubricious Coatings for Medical Device Applications", Tribology International, DOI: 10.1016/j.triboint.2015.02.003
- C. Noble, N. Smulders, N.H. Green, R. Lewis, M.J. Carre, S.E. Franklin, S. MacNeil, Z.A. Taylor, “Creating a Model of Diseased Artery Damage and Failure from Healthy Porcine Aorta”, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials (2016) 60: 378–393. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmbbm.2016.02.018.
- M. Nachman, S.E. Franklin, “Artificial Skin Model Simulating Dry and Moist in-vivo Human Skin Friction and Deformation Behaviour”, Tribology International, (2016) 97:431–439, DOI: 10.1016/j.triboint.2016.01.043.
- L.E. Bostan, C. Noble, R. Lewis, M. Carré, Z. Taylor, S. MacNeil “Assessment and comparison of the uniaxial mechanical behaviour of human and tissue engineered skin”, poster presentation at 5th International Conference on Mechanics of Biomaterials and Tissues, Sitges, Spain, 8-12 Dec. 2013.
- S.E. Franklin, J. Baranowska, J. Furgala, J. Piwowarczyk, “Friction of natural human, porcine and synthetic skin”, oral presentation at 5th International Conference on Mechanics of Biomaterials and Tissues, Sitges, Spain, 8-12 Dec. 2013.
- S.E. Franklin, J. Furgala, J. Baranowska, “Preliminary comparative studies of the friction behaviour of natural and synthetic skin”, poster presentation at European Congress and Exhibition on Advanced Materials and Processes EUROMAT 2013, Sevilla, Spain, 8-13 Sept. 2013.
- L.E. Bostan, Presentation on UNITISS at public seminar aimed at school leavers: “Discover STEM: Science-Technology-Engineering-Mathematics”, University of Sheffield, UK, 26th September 2013.
- S.E. Franklin, “Biomedical Tribology”, oral presentation at 29th meeting of International Research Group on Wear of Engineering Materials, IRG-WOEM, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 27-28 Sept., 2012.
- P. Sobolewski, “Clinical and material problems related to cardiac catheters”, oral presentation at Plastics in Medical Devices in Poland, 24th January 2013, Warsaw, Poland.
- L.E. Bostan, R. Lewis, M.J. Carré, S. MacNeil, “Studies on the Friction Coefficient of Human Skin and Skin Substitutes”, International Conference on Biotribology (ICoBT), Toronto, Canada,11-14 May 2014.
- S.E. Franklin invited talk “Biotribology Challenges in the Development of Healthcare & Personal Care Devices”, International Conference on Biotribology (ICoBT), Toronto, Canada,11-14 May 2014.
- A. Niemczyk, M. El Fray, S.E. Franklin “Friction Behaviour of Hydrophilic Lubricious Coatings for Medical Device Applications”, International Conference on Biotribology (ICoBT), Toronto, Canada,11-14 May 2014.
- X. Hu, R. Maiti, J Boadi, W. Li, M.J. Carré, R. Lewis, S.E. Franklin, S.J. Matcher, “Optical Coherence Elastography for Human Finger-pad Skin Deformation Studies”, Proc. SPIE 9710, Optical Elastography and Tissue Biomechanics III, 97100C (March 9, 2016); DOI:10.1117/12.2212308.
- X. Hu, R. Maiti, X. Liu, L.C. Gerhardt, Z.S. Lee, R. Byers, S.E. Franklin, R. Lewis, S.J. Matcher, M.J. Carré, “Skin Surface and Sub-surface Strain and Deformation Imaging using Optical Coherence Tomography and Digital Image Correlation”, Proc. SPIE 9710, Optical Elastography and Tissue Biomechanics III, 971016 (March 9, 2016); DOI:10.1117/12.2212361
- R. Jędrzejewski, J.Piwowarczyk, J. Baranowska, „Mechanical characterization of PTFE thin films deposited by Pulsed Electron Beam Deposition (PED) method” ANM2014 – 5th International conference on Advanced Nanomaterials, 2-4 July 2014, Aveiro – Portugal.
- R. Jedrzejewski, J. Piwowarczyk, J. Baranowska, “Surface characteristic of PEG thin films obtained by PED (Pulsed Electron Deposition) method” IEEE NANO 2015, 15th International Conference on Nanotechnology, 27-30 July 2015, Rome, Italy.
- J. Piwowarczyk, R. Jędrzejewski, K. Kwiatkowski, J. Baranowska, , PTFE thin films obtained by pulsed electron beam deposition and pulsed laser deposition methods, 9th Symposium on Vacuum based Science and Technology Kołobrzeg, November 16-19, 2015.
- M.Nachman, S.Franklin: Artificial Skin Model simulating in vivo friction and deformation for dry and moist skin conditions, 2016 STLE Annual Meeting and Exhibition, Las Vegas, 15-19/05/2016.
- R. Lewis, M.J. Carre, "A Comparison of the Tribological Behaviour of Ex-Vivo Human, Tissue Engineered and Synthetic Skin", IMechE Seminar on Recent Advances in the Tribology and bioengineering of the Skin, London, 25th November 2014.
- S.E. Franklin, "Biotribology: Challenges in Healthcare and Personal Care Device Development", IMechE Seminar on Recent Advances in the Tribology and bioengineering of the Skin, London, 25th November 2014.
- R. Maiti, L.C. Gerhardt, Z. Lee, X. Hu, R. Byers, S.E. Franklin, R. Lewis, S.J. Matcher, M.J. Carre, 2016, "Forearm Skin Surface and Sub-Surface Strain and Deformation Imaging", Imaging for Life Symposium, The University of Sheffield, 18th September 2015 (won prize for best poster).
- The University of Sheffield "discover" magazine, Issue 4, April 2014.