The Tribology of the Skin: Latest research in healthcare, handling and haptics (organised with IMechE), 26th June 2013
UNITISS team members Prof Roger Lewis & Dr Matt Carre, hosted a Skin Tribology event on behalf of UNITISS and the IMechE on 26th June 2013, at The University of Sheffield’s Douglas Knoop Centre. The purpose of the day was to provide an opportunity for scientists, engineers and practitioners to present their latest advancements in tribology and technology.
Planning a Secondment to Industry - Career Enhancing Opportunity for Early Career Researchers in Engineering
The UNITISS team organised and ran a half-day interactive workshop aimed at researchers and early career academics who are considering a secondment in the industrial sector. The session involved a variety of talks and group work focussed on:
- The benefits of industrial secondments
- The pitfalls and how to avoid them
- An overview of how funding usually works
- An industry perspective from Philips
- Advice on finding industrial partners
- Top tips from researchers who have undergone a industrial secondment (via UNITISS)
UNITISS Fellow Seminar
UNITISS fellows Chris Noble and Zing Lee recently presented the outomes of their secondments to researchers from the Materials Science and Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Departments.