University Open Days are for potential applicants who are usually (but not always) in their AS Level year of study and are taking the opportunity to visit universities and departments. Open Days provide you with an opportunity to visit the University, attend different departmental presentations and learn more about being a student in Sheffield. During the day, we offer you the opportunity to visit our Department, where you take a tour of our building, join us for refreshments and meet academic staff and current students.
At each Open Day, a presentation will be given by our Admissions Tutor Dr Tom Moore or one of the other tutors from the Undergraduate programme.
Book a place on a University Open Day
Departmental Open Day
Once we have made you an offer to study one of our courses, we will invite you to a Departmental Open Day for UCAS offer holders.
- Learn more about Sheffield, the university and our courses.
- Meet several current students (from various year groups).
- Meet members of our academic staff including senior members of the Undergraduate team.
- View previous course work and exams.
- Take part in a mini lecture
- Hera about our employabilty programme.
- Take a coach trip tour of the city.
- Lunch provided.
- Ask those need to know questions.
All open days run from about 10.30am until 4.15pm. You are automatically invited to our open days if you have applied to us through UCAS and we have made you an offer.
If for some reason you are not applying through UCAS (e.g you are a direct transfer student, a student from Sheffield International College etc) you're still welcome to attend our open day.
If you would like any additional information, a departmental brochure or to book on our open days contact;
Tel +44 114 222 6920