Staff contact index
Generate a list of staff from a department or section using data from the University telephone directory.
Staff and Student hub only
This Content type is exclusive to the Staff and Student hubs. The same functionality is available on the public site via the Automatic list - from telephone directory option on the Staff profile index Content type.
Who can use this Content type?
- Group Supervisors and Group Owners (create, edit, unpublish, archive).
- Group Editors (edit, unpublish, archive).
We'll link to an example when one is published.
Use this to publish contact information for members of staff.
Instead of manually typing in names, telephone numbers and email addresses on your hub pages and then having to keep them up to date, you can instead use this Content type to quickly generate a list of staff contact details using data which comes direct from the University telephone directory.
When creating a page, choose the Staff contact index Content type. Then assemble the page using the components below.
Used at the top of the page and as the basis for the page URL alias. Be specific and describe the group of staff being represented in the list.
Insert your department ID. To get this:
- Log in to your MUSE account
- Go to the internal telephone directory department search
- Search for the department and choose the one you want. The page shows a preview of the data that will be returned - drill down to view a section within your department if necessary
- To get the department ID either:
- make a note of the number displayed at the end of the URL in your browser address bar, or
- copy the URL of the web page and right-click or tap to copy the link and paste it somewhere. The ID is the number at the end of the URL. For example the URL for Corporate Communications is the following, which means the department ID is 3435:
Your Departmental Telephone Liaison Officer can assist with changes to the data in the telephone directory.
How to change a person's details on the internal telephone directory (staff login required)
Some departments like to try to route visitors through to a general contact email address or telephone number. If you want to do this then use this to signpost your main contact page. If you don't want to do this then you can delete the default text.
Link and Link text
Use in tandem with the text above to signpost visitors to your main contact page.
Related links are optional. Learn more about adding related information when creating a page based on the Basic Content type.
Things to remember
- If a 'Personal URL' field in the telephone directory is populated with a URL, the person's name will be linked in the list. A good option for this would be to get the member of staff's profile on the public site inserted as the Personal URL
- If you're converting an existing page to this Content type to use the Replacing pages guidance or get in touch for support converting it
Get in touch
If you have CMS questions or are stuck then get in touch and we'll do our best to help.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.