Staff profile link
A quick way to include a Staff profile in another department on your 'Automatic list - from CMS categories or departments' Staff profile index.
Who can use this Content type?
- Group supervisors, Group owners, Group editors, Group Staff profile editor (create, edit, unpublish, archive)
Public CMS only
This Content type is exclusive to the public CMS. On the Staff and Student hub, use the Staff contact list Content type.
Dr Eddie Cussen on the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering academic staff page is set up as a Staff profile link in the /cbe group. The Staff profile is hosted in the Department of Materials Engineering.
Use this Content type to associate a Staff profile hosted in another CMS Group with your Group.
Using this Content type will allow you to include a member of staff in another department on your automatic Staff profile indexes. It will reduce the effort it takes to keep staff lists up to date and decrease the chances of incorrect information being published.
When adding content, choose the Staff profile link Content type then configure the page using the options explained below.
Not published – this is just used to administer the Staff profile link Content type in your Group. Type the name of the person. Note, if the name of the person is changed in the profile's home Group, then you may wish to update the title here, too.
Look up staff Profile in another Group
Start typing the name of a member of staff in another Group. A Staff profile for them will need to exist in order for it to appear.
Not displayed. Used for ‘Automatic list – from CMS categories or departments’ Staff profile index category filter.
Not displayed. Used for 'Automatic list – from CMS categories or departments' Staff profile index department/s filter.
Things to remember
- There is no need to choose a place in your structure to insert a Staff profile link before you save
- A Staff profile link is not assigned a normal URL, as it is not accessed as a page by visitors. So don't be alarmed if it has a URL such as /node/10531
- If you want to include Staff profiles from other Groups on a manual Staff profile index, then there is no need to create the profiles as Staff profile links in your Group. Instead, just insert them directly onto your manual Staff profile index
- For Staff profile links, your Group's Staff profile indexes reference the categories inside the Staff profile link, not the Staff profile in another Group
- Use the Staff tab in your Group to quickly see all the Staff profiles and Staff profile links in your Group, even if they're unpublished
Get in touch
If you have CMS questions or are stuck then get in touch and we'll do our best to help.