What is it?
The Twitter widget pulls in the latest tweets from any Twitter account.
How to insert a Twitter widget
- Open to edit the page or folder you want to add a twitter widget to
- Click the Secondary content tab
- Select Twitter widget from the drop-down and click Create
- Enter the Twitter username of the account you want to use, without the @. For example to show tweets from '@sheffielduni', enter just 'sheffielduni'.
- Edit the header text, if you need to
- Choose the number of tweets you wish to display
- Click insert
You can remove a widget by clicking the red cross on the right-hand side of the list of widgets.
Things to consider
- Be mindful of which Twitter account you are pulling in tweets from. Any content on the Twitter account will effectively be published on our website and be associated with the University
- On some displays the widget will appear at half width. This is intentional, and is to ensure the widget text doesn't appear too big on some screens relative to other content on the page
- The amount of vertical space that the widget takes up depends on whether the tweets it pulls in feature just text or multimedia elements. The default number of tweets displayed is two, but if you intend to display more then make sure the page has enough content in the main area to balance it out, as the Twitter widget could get quite long