The News index Content type is an automatically-populated list of all the published news stories created within your Group.
Who can use this Content type?
- Group Supervisors, Group Owners and Group Editors (edit, unpublish).
Use this Content type if you regularly publish news and want to show site visitors an overview of the latest stories. Each teaser takes a user through to the full story.
The list is updated automatically when a new story is published, making your latest news visible and easy for site visitors to find. It also saves you from having to manually update the News index.
If you wish to have a news section on your site, this will be added as part of the migration process. If you require a news section to an already-migrated site please get in touch to request this.
Your News index should be placed at yoursitename/news in the site structure.
You can edit the title, URL, location within the site structure, and description of your main news page.
When creating a page, choose the News index Content type and complete the Title and Intro text fields. After saving, published news stories will be automatically pulled into the index.
What's on this Content type?
The positioning of each story on the page (eg the ‘main’, ‘featured’ and ‘standard listing’ areas) is set on the news story page.
Sticky main and featured stories appear above regular stories:
Regular stories appear like this in the index:
- Main story (optional) - part of the Featured news Component
- Featured stories (optional) - part of the Featured news Component
- Search news - allows visitors to search all of the stories that are saved in your group. Any results will be shown under the box.
- Standard stories - all published News stories in your Group which aren't assigned as Main or Featured as part of the Featured news Component
You can use the Featured news Component to give extra prominence to stories at the top of the News index.
Get in touch
If you have CMS questions or are stuck then get in touch and we'll do our best to help.