The China-UK International Photography Competition: Exploring Perspectives
This event forms part of the Sheffield Confucius Institute's Chinese New Year celebrations for 2022.
Each year, the Confucius Institute at the University of Sheffield organises the "China in Your Eyes" photography competition, which showcases photos taken in China in previous years and acts as a part of the wider Chinese New Year celebrations that take place at Sheffield City Hall each year.
Last year, the Sheffield Confucius Institute (SCI) held the “Our 2020” Photography Competition - “我们的2020” 摄影比赛, which turned out to be a great success. A fundamental part of the Sheffield Confucius Institute is to build a bridge between China and the UK and by applying this purpose to the competition’s theme, we can help participants better understand each other’s respective country and culture, through a camera lens. Doing so brings the theme of “Exploring Perspectives” to life and can help us to better understand more about both the UK and China. As such, the SCI proudly presents “The China-UK International Photography Competition: Exploring Perspectives”.
- The competition is open to all and the submission deadline is Monday 7th February 2022. A judging panel will then select 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners in each category, with a total of 24 prizes available to win!
- Please note, in order to take part and to better understand the theme of "Exploring Perspectives:
- Chinese participants - Should ONLY submit photos taken in the UK Non-Chinese participants – Should ONLY submit photos taken in China. Participants can submit their entries to email@example.com.
- Photos must be original, in JPEG format, with no watermarks.
- Participants are invited to submit up to four of their own photographs in any of the following categories (1 photo per category).
- Participants are also asked to include a short title and description (max 50 words) in English along with each photograph.
- Famous Landscapes and Cityscapes
- Cultures and Customs
- Everyday Life
- Artistic Images
- Note: The SCI plans to display submitted photos online after the competition for everyone to view.
Events at the University
Browse upcoming public lectures, exhibitions, family events, concerts, shows and festivals across the University.