Day of discussions exploring innovation
We would like to invite you to a day of discussions exploring innovation and how it can support entrepreneurs, start-ups and companies of all sizes to grow and invest in UK regional economies.
The University of Sheffield, the N8 Research Partnership and the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA), are bringing together leaders from academia, industry, politics and policy to discuss:
- Innovation-led growth - what's working and why?
- Innovation and commercialisation - what could universities bring to the table?
- Levelling up and R&D - how innovation and growth have worked in South Yorkshire and how the region can grow in the next decade.
This event is open to all, but will be of particular interest to businesses, start-ups, entrepreneurs, academics and university representatives, people who work in local government and everyone with an interest in regional growth.
Speakers and panellists include:
- Lord Jim O'Neill, economist and member of the House of Lords (joining virtually)
- Kate Josephs, Chief Executive Officer, Sheffield City Council
- David White, Chief Operating Officer, Rolls-Royce SMR
- George Freeman MP, Minister for Science, Innovation and Technology (joining virtually)
- Professor Koen Lamberts, President and Vice-Chancellor, University of Sheffield
- Louisa Harrison-Walker, Chief Executive Officer, Sheffield Chamber of Commerce
- Ed Whiting, Areas Director, Department for Business and Trade and the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
- Sir Martin Donnelly, former President of Boeing Europe
- Katie Daniel, Deputy Director for Partnerships, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
When focused, use the arrow keys to pain, and the + and - keys to zoom in/out.
Events at the University
Browse upcoming public lectures, exhibitions, family events, concerts, shows and festivals across the University.