Some of your modules use Encore (lecture capture) so that you can revisit your lectures.
Five top tips on how to use lecture capture effectively:
- Attend lectures – students who attend tend to get better grades.
- Use the captures to supplement your studies. Dip into the parts you need to enhance your knowledge and understanding.
- Don’t wait until a few days before the examination to use the captures. Space your learning throughout the semester to enhance your knowledge and understanding.
- Don’t binge watch! Again, spacing your learning across the semester is a more effective approach.
- Watch at normal speed (if you speed the recording up you might miss key information).
Nordmann et al 2018 Lecture capture: practical recommendations for students and lecturers, Preprint DOI: 10.31234/osf.io/sd7u4