Blackboard notifications can supply you with a large amount of information, within Blackboard itself and directly into your email inbox, about the activity in your courses. However, you may want to tailor the information you receive or turn notifications off completely.
Changing your notification settings
- Log into Blackboard, and click on your name in the left hand menu to access your personal settings.
- Select the desired notification settings option to edit from the Global Notification Settings box.
The options are:
- Stream Notifications - Notifications that will appear in the Activity Stream on your Blackboard homepage.
- Email Notifications - Notifications that will arrive via email.
- Push Notifications - Notifications that will alert you on your mobile device if you use the Blackboard app.
Select an option to open a customization menu:
- Choose an icon at the top of the customization menu to switch between Stream, Email and Push notifications. Ensure you have adjusted your preferred settings for each.
- Check the box to the left of each category to receive notifications. Uncheck to stop receiving notifications.
- Click the drop arrow to the right of each category to filter for specific notifications.
- When you have chosen the settings you want, click Save in the bottom right corner.
Notifications you cannot turn off
There are some notification types it is not possible to turn off.
You'll always receive these email notifications:
- Announcement available
You'll always receive these email notifications when you choose to receive a daily email:
- Unread blog and journal entries
- Unread discussion activity