Kaltura CaptureSpace being replaced by Kaltura Capture
Kaltura CaptureSpace is being replaced by a new app, Kaltura Captura, and will be withdrawn at the end of July 2019
Capture is a new updated app developed by Kaltura. It shares many of the same features of CaptureSpace, and enables you to record audio, your webcam and/or your screen, and upload these directly to Kaltura - both the media hub and to Blackboard (MOLE).
Capture has now been made available to you via both the Digital Media Hub and within the My Media and Kaltura Media mashups within Blackboard and MOLE.
Accessing Kaltura Capture - unmanaged and YoYo PCs and Macs
You will need to install the app from the Add New menu the first time you want to use it. After this, you will be able to run it from the menu as shown below
Accessing Kaltura Capture - Managed Windows computers
If you are an existing user of Kaltura CaptureSpace - Kaltura CaptureSpace will be automatically removed and replaced by Kaltura Capture at the end of July. You will then be able to access it from the Add New menu as in the above illustration.
If you have never used CaptureSpace before - you will need to install Kaltura Capture from the Software Centre. You will then be able to access it from the Add New menu as in the above illustration.
Please Note the following:
- CaptureSpace will no longer be able to upload media to either the Hub or to Blackboard after the end of July 2019
- Users of unmanaged/Yo Yo PCs or Macs - you will need to download and install Kaltura Capture from the Add New menu item, either within the Hub or Blackboard (MOLE).
- Users of the Managed Windows system - you will need to download and install Kaltura Capture from the Software Centre, but existing CaptureSpace users will just see their CaptureSpace installation updated to Kaltura Capture
- Kaltura Capture enables you to record audio, webcam and/or screen and upload directly the Kaltura Hub or Blackboard (MOLE) in much the same way as CaptureSpace
- The editing features (trimming media and removing segments from media) have been removed from the app and are now incorporated into the online editor in the Hub and within Blackboard (MOLE).
Please also watch the video below for a quick demonstration of Katura Capture
Further Information from Kaltura about Kaltura Capture
Kaltura have provided a full briefing about Kaltura Capture, along with answers to frequently asked questions at the following web page:
If you have any queries about the removal of CaptureSpace, or the new Capture application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org