Kaltura can be used to submit media work within Blackboard. All students can upload audio and video files into a personal media library. Use Kaltura Capture to create screen recordings, or to record video from your webcam.
Access your personal media library in Blackboard
Open Blackboard, and click on Tools > My Media to access your personal media library.
One in you have opened My Media, you can click on the Add New menu to upload media from your computer, or create a new Kaltura Capture screen recording. Video file sizes can be large, so for best results upload media via a university computer, eduroam or a wired network connection.
Submitting Media to a Blackboard Course
Follow the steps below to submit media via Blackboard:
- Open Blackboard, and navigate to the relevant course. Find the assignment you need to submit to.
- Click the Assignment title to open the submission page
- Click the Create Submission button
- In the text box, click the Mashups button (you may need to click the Show More Chevrons to display the button)
- Click Kaltura Media, and wait for a new window to pop out
- Select the media you wish to submit, or click + Add New to upload new media
- The media will appear in the Blackboard Text Editor, and can be reviewed at this point
- If necessary, add any Attachments using the Attach Files menu (do not add extra text into the Text Editor)
- Click Submit to send your media to your tutors. You will be able to review your media after submission. Look out for the submission receipt in your email.