Digital Learning training and events
Advice and training on the use of technology in learning and teaching. Open to all staff across the University.
Digital Learning Advice Sessions
Discuss ideas and challenges around the use of digital technology in learning and teaching with our Learning Technologists, in sessions tailored to your specific needs and requirements. For individuals or small groups.
Topics you may want to discuss include (but are not limited to):
- Getting started with MOLE, or using more advanced features of the system.
- Getting your MOLE course ready for the new semester, including copying material from last year's course.
- Online assessment, using MOLE, Turnitin or PebblePad.
- Reflective eportfolios.
- The use of media in learning and teaching, including how to use the Kaltura Digital Media Hub.
- Using webinar technology (e.g. Adobe Connect) in learning and teaching.
- The use of mobile apps for teaching.
- Technology for classroom engagement.
- The use of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality in learning and teaching.
Please note we are not able to cover topics such as hardware and software in teaching spaces, software licensing, and general IT. These should be addressed to the CiCS Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions are half an hour, located at 210 Portobello (the Enterprise Zone). They run between 10am-12noon and 2pm-4pm on Wednesdays. Between 21st January and 1st February 2019 these will be running Monday-Friday to help with the start of term.
To book visit the Appointment Slot Calendar and, navigate to the relevant date. Click on the selected slot in the calendar to book. Please type a brief description of what you want to discuss, to ensure a member of staff with relevant experience is available.
If you cannot make these slots, please contact email@example.com and alternative appointments can be made.
Upcoming TEL events
Digital Learning Skills Sessions
These workshops give practical skills in the use of the University’s core technology systems. Some are aimed at beginners or those wanting a refresher, while others cover more advanced or specialist functions. Topics covered are:
- Introduction to MOLE
- MOLE Next Steps
- Collaborative Tools in MOLE*
- Using Tests in MOLE*
- MOLE Grade Centre*
- Choosing the right assessment tool*
- Introduction to Turnitin Feedback Studio
- Introduction to PebblePad
- Assessing reflection with PebblePad ATLAS*
- Introduction to Kaltura
- Using media for Learning & Teaching*
- Classroom Engagement Tools
- Teaching Online With Webinars*
*New for 2019
These are delivered in a mix of face-to-face sessions, and online webinars.
To enquire about any of the above events, or about how the Digital Learning team can help you in your Learning and Teaching practice, email firstname.lastname@example.org.