Using Turnitin for electronic submission
To add a Turnitin assignment to your course in Blackboard
- Within a Blackboard course navigate to a Content Area
- Locate “Assessments” at the top of the content page
- Click on “Assessments” and select Turnitin Assignment.
- Select ‘Paper Assignment’ and click ‘Next Step’
- Fill in the details of the new assignment
- Assignment Title: This is the title of the assignment that your students will see on the page for their course
- Point Value: This is an optional field. At a later stage you may want to investigate how this can be used with rubrics to give a score. You can just use 100 if the students will be given a percentage score on their assignment
- Allow only file types that Turnitin can check for originality VS Allow any file type:
You will need to select which one of these you want. If the submission will be a Word document, then choose the first option. For any other file type, click the second
- Start date: This is the date and time at which students can begin submitting an assignment
- Due Date: The deadline for the students’ submissions
- Post date: The date and time when your comments and feedback in Grademark are made available to all your students. This is only relevant if you plan to mark on screen
- Optional Settings: The settings you choose will depend on whether you are setting a draft assignment or a final submission – the table below outlines some setting examples based on both options
- Click Submit.