Information for current students
Teaching is currently online, make sure you don't miss any information.
If you are in a location, such as China, where you have problems accessing your University email, you have the option to add your personal email address to Blackboard.
How to change your email address in Blackboard
1. Go to www.sheffield.ac.uk
2. Click on My Services, then Blackboard (MOLE)
3. On the left hand menu, click the profile tab (where your name is shown)
4. Under Basic Information, hover over your current email address. A pencil icon will appear.
5. Click the pencil and a slide over menu will appear.
6. Edit the Email field to your personal email address.
7. Click Done at the bottom of the page.
8. Add this address - firstname.lastname@example.org - to your contacts to ensure you receive notifications.
If you think you might have missed emails from the Department of Civil and Structural Engineering because you cannot access your university email account, please email email@example.com from your personal account so that we can make sure that you have all the information you need.
For UG and PGT Students
For Research Students
Our league table rankings
47th in the world and 6th in the UK according to the QS World University rankings by subject (2021).
11th in the UK according to the Times University League Table (2021).
8th in the UK according to the Complete University Guide (2021).
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.