Financial Year-End – Key Dates
The University's current financial year ends on 31st July 2017. These key dates are provided as a quick reference point to help departmental colleagues to ensure that their income and expenditure are posted in the correct financial year, and performance against annual budgets is recorded accurately.
You can find out more detail about what you need to do for the financial year-end process in the 'financial year end – information for close-down' letter to Heads of Departments.
Before 5.00pm – Monday 10th July 2017
- Staff expenses claims and expenses claims from non-University claimants (for example visitors or interview attendees) to be received by the Expenses Team in the Department of Finance (Level 5 Arts Tower)
Before 5.00pm - Wednesday 12th July 2017
- Claims for payment of University bank workers must be received by the Payroll Team in the Department of Finance (Level 5 Arts Tower)
Before 2.00pm – Monday 31st July 2017
- Purchasing card transactions dated up to the end of 28th July 2017 and coded by 2.00 pm on 31st July 2017 will be input to the 2016/17 financial year. Any queries in relation to previous billing periods please contact Purchasing Card Team (Level 4 Arts Tower)
Before 3.00pm – Monday 31st July 2017
- pay-in cash, cheque payments, return receipts for advances and re-pay any money owed back to the University. Take all income relating to the 2016/17 financial year to the Income Office (Level 6 Students' Union). Please note that the Cash Office closes at 3.00pm
Before 5.00pm – Monday 31st July 2017
- Goods receipt all purchases where the goods or services were actually received up to the 31st July 2017, for purchase orders, framework orders and internal trade orders. If you have not received the item then you must not goods receipt it, but leave the Purchase Order open to be used in 2017/18 and receipt it when the item arrives.
- Internal Trade - selling department – coding of income and removal of billing block for all internal sales that took place up to 31 July 2017.
- Sales invoicing – a sales invoice should be raised in uBASE for all goods or services supplied before 31st July. If it has not been possible to raise a sales invoice dated 31st July or earlier then a debtor accrual can be input to the accounts – see further details in the 'financial year end – information for close-down' letter.
Before 5.00pm – Friday 4th August 2017
- Petty Cash - the Cash Team will issue instructions for confirming the balance of petty cash receipts and cash held at financial year end by Friday 21 July 2017. If you have not received instructions for completing this task by this date please contact the Cash Team on 24474 or email email@example.com. Completed documentation should be returned by 4th August 2017 to the Income Office or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before 5.00pm – Monday 7th August 2017
- Request any manual accruals for purchases or sales up to 31st July, where it has not been possible to process the Purchase Order or Sales Order in uBASE before the 31st July deadline. Your accrual request, should be sent to your Faculty Finance Manager or your Professional Services Finance Manager. Accruals should not normally be requested for sums less than £3,000 excluding VAT.
- Requests for journals should be sent to your Faculty Finance Manager or your Professional Services Finance Manager and should follow the appropriate use of uBASE journals.