Mileage Allowance 

Where it is essential for staff to undertake business travel using their own vehicle, a detailed breakdown of each journey must be provided using a Record of Mileage Form.

On the form you will also need to maintain a record of cumulative mileage from 6 April each year.  Staff using their own vehicle for business travel must also ensure that they comply with the University's Work Related Driving Policy.

Mileage rates are:

Cycles: 12p per mile
Motorcycles: 24p per mile
Car: 40p per mile for the first 4000 miles travelled during the tax year (6 April to 5 April in the following year)
Car: 25p per mile for any mileage between 4,000 and 10,000 miles during the tax year


Need Help or More Information?

Who to Contact
Contact the Payroll Office for advice and guidance on claiming expenses