19 October 2011
Got a problem and need some advice? Then helpU could be the solution for you.
Did you know that if you have a problem and need some help you can turn to the University’s free and independent support line for advice?
All you need to do is ring helpU on 0800 068 67 29 at any time of the day to be connected to an adviser, legal expert or fully qualified counsellor who can help you address the problem or issue you have.
The confidential service is called helpU (previously known as the Staff Support Line) and not only is it free for staff, but also for their immediate families. Andrew Dodman, Director of Human Resources says, “helpU is a way for all staff and their immediate families to access practical help, information, advice, support and counselling to talk about and resolve problems and issues they may face at home and at work”.
helpU is provided by an independent external provider, AXA ICAS, and you can call the service as often as you need to, at any time of day or night.
helpU can help you with a wide range of problems and issues, including:
- Financial – organising your finances, dealing with debt, budgeting, investments, taxes
- Relationships – family, work, partners, friends
- Family care – finding childcare, schooling, parenting issues, elderly care
- Housing – house purchases, mortgages, renting, insurance
- Legal – wills, consumer issues, insurance claims, road traffic accidents
- Work – stress, harassment, career matters, employment law.
For more information visit: www.sheffield.ac.uk/hr/helpu