Occupational Health Referrals
Advice and guidance about Occupational Health Referrals
We work with Health Management Limited (HML) to provide occupational health advice and information to both managers and staff. We welcome management referrals to the service to both support staff and assist managers in their decision-making when dealing with work-related health issues.
Involving the occupational health service at an early stage can help to prevent work related ill health, assist in supporting staff with chronic conditions and facilitate an early and sustained return for those who are absent from work.
The guides below will help you to understand the referral process and make the best use of the service:
1. How To Register: A guide to creating an account on the HML online portal.
2. Online User Guide: A step-by-step guide to using the HML online portal (primarily pages 4-9).
3. Reference Manual: Detailed guidance on the referral process including guidance on the independent medical assessment (pages 7-9).
4. Making a Good Referral: Guidance on making a good referral including tips on good questions to ask and questions to avoid.
5. Guide for Staff: Guidance for staff on the medical assessment process, confidentiality, medical ethics and employee rights and consents.
6. HML Terminology and Acronyms: Glossary for terminology and acronyms used by HML
7. HML Online Portal: Link to HML's website.
Below is a flowchart of the Management Referral process. Click the image to view a larger version.
Please note: Should you experience any difficulties registering on the portal, please try using a different browser, namely Google Chrome. If you continue to experience technical difficulties please get in touch with us via the below email address.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com or your HR Team.