IT Code of Practice - Simplified Code
You are expected to be familiar with the full IT Code of Practice.
The following is a brief summary of the main points of the University’s IT Code of Practice:
- Don’t break the law, do abide by The University of Sheffield regulations and policies, and do adhere the regulations of any third parties whose facilities you access.
- Don’t allow anyone else to use your login details, don’t disguise your online identity, and don’t attempt to obtain or use anyone else’s.
- Don’t put the University’s IT facilities at risk by introducing malware, interfering with hardware or loading unauthorised software.
- Safeguard all personal, sensitive or restricted data, respect other people’s information and don’t abuse copyright material.
- Don’t waste IT resources, interfere with others’ legitimate use or behave towards others in a way that would not be acceptable in the physical world.