cPanel Rules and Responsibilities
All cPanel users must be aware of the University's policies regarding personal information.
- Information Security Policies
- Data Protection policies
- Guidelines for Staff Dealing with Personal Data
In addition, you must adhere to the rules below or use a commercial website host.
- provide IT Services with an email address
- respond promptly to messages relating to this service or it may be assumed that you have left and your cPanel accounts will be suspended and ultimately deleted
- contact IT Services about any activity likely to generate excessive loads or other problems beforehand
- ensure that your site and any software you install is kept up-to-date
- use the Content Management System (CMS) for 'Public-facing' University material unless not technically possible
You must not:
- degrade the system for others
- cause any security risks
- publish material that would be inappropriate or bring the University into disrepute
- publish material that includes sensitive personal information
- use cPanel for large personal sites
- use cPanel for commerial activities or for any kind of financial transaction
IT Services responsibilities
IT Services is responsible for service infrastructure, integrity and quality.
- take the system or individual sites off-line if necessary
- remove or block access to pages
- restrict space or bandwidth for a site or user
- delete or prevent use of some types of material
- deny access to specific users
Note: When you leave the University, cPanel accounts will be suspended for a period to allow correspondence and then eventually be deleted.