Use the See also links on the right and follow the instructions on the National Grid Service website to request a certificate.
When you have received your new certificate, use the certificate import tool with your browser to create a copy that can be placed on the .globus directory of your account on iceberg (or snowdon, maxima, pascali).
- Export the e-Science certificate from your browser. From Internet Explorer:
- From the menu select, Tools and then Internet Options.
- Select Content tab and press the Certificates button.
- Select certificate to export and press the export button.
- Press next and yes export private key.
- Click next for export file format (Personal Information exchange PKCS # 12 should be selected, with strong protection enabled) press next.
- Set a password, provide an export filename and press OK when requested.
- The certificate has been exported.
- Create a .globus directory in your user account on iceberg (or class=GramE>snowdon, maxima, pascali).
- Transfer the imported certificates to the .globus directory on iceberg (or class=GramE>snowdon, maxima, pascali).
- From iceberg, use the ssl application to convert the imported certificate to the pem format for use with the grid.
- From your .globus directory on iceberg, enter the following ssl commands
- openssl pkcs12 -in mykey.p12 -clcerts - nokeys -out usercert.pem
- openssl pkcs12 -in mykey.p12 -nocerts -out userkey.pem
- From iceberg use grid-proxy-init to create a proxy.
Local registration authority
The local registration authority at The University of Sheffield is:
Mr Richard Gilbert
email : email@example.com