Digimap via EDINA
The University of Sheffield subscribes to the following Digimap map and data collections:
|Ordnance Survey||A full range of topographic Ordnance Survey data|
|Historic||Historical Ordnance Survey maps of Great Britain|
|Geology||Geological map data from the British Geological Survey|
|Marine||Data covering all UK waters from the UK Hydrographic Offices and OceanWise|
|Environment||Land Cover data from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology|
|Aerial||Aerial photography for Great Britain, created and licensed by Getmapping plc|
|Lidar||Lidar data from the Environment Agency|
|Global||Global datasets, including OpenStreetMap, Natural Earth and Collins Bartholomew|
|Society||Demographic data for Great Britain|
|Pilot||Datasets available on a time-limited trial basis to evaluate demand|
|Geomni||Building characteristics, land-use and land-cover across the UK|
Registering with Digimap
Before you can use Digimap, you need to register. To register:
- Connect to Digimap via the Quick links (you'll be prompted to log in to MUSE as necessary).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete and submit the registration form.
- EDINA will send you an email with a link to verify your account.
- Click on the verification link in the email to complete the registration process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the collections you wish to use. (You can only activate collections the University of Sheffield subscribes to.) This involves agreeing to their licences (each collection has a different licence agreement).
Please read the licences carefully and ensure that you have understood them because you are liable as an individual - it is your responsibility to make yourself aware of any usage restrictions.
Further help with Digimap Registration.
Access is available directly from this page by connecting to the Digimap website - you'll be prompted to log in to MUSE as necessary.
If you experience any difficulties in using this eresource please contact Library Help.