British Library Boston Spa Minibus
The Library runs a monthly free minibus service to the British Library Document Supply Centre at Boston Spa to give staff and students of the University the opportunity to use the extensive collections housed there. The minibus runs on the first Tuesday of every month.
To book on the next trip, please use the calendar below.
When are the next minibus trips?
The bus leaves at 08:45 from Western Bank Library and returns at approximately 17:00.
What materials can I access at the British Library at Boston Spa?
There is a wealth of material available to consult for free at the Boston Spa Reading Room including:
- Over 10 million books including those in the legal deposit collection
- 210,000 journal titles
- All British Library newspaper microfilms (130 million newspaper pages)
- Free access to the British Newspaper Archive (over 16 million pages of digitised newspapers - usually a subscription service)
- Print newspapers (where not available on microfilm or digitally)
- 400,000 conference proceedings
- 130,000 music scores
- 3 million sound recordings
Don’t forget, you must order any materials you want to consult at least 48 hours in advance. You can do this online via the British Library catalogues or by telephoning 020 7412 7676. You can request up to 10 items online, 4 by phone, or 6 by fax, email, or letter.
What services are available at the British Library at Boston Spa?
- Recently refurbished Reading Room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Reading room staff to help you find material relevant to your research
- Photocopying facilities
- Restaurant serving hot and cold drinks, meals & snacks
How do I book for a minibus trip?
Please use the calendar to book on your trip.
Before you book onto a minibus trip you need to have a British Library Reader Pass. If you don’t have one already you should register online with the British Library in advance. You will need to take photo ID, proof of your signature, and proof of address with you.
More information can be found on the Boston Spa Reading Room web pages.