Interlibrary Requests for Staff, Postgraduate Research, and Taught Students
Before making a request please check the Library catalogue StarPlus and ensure that the item is not in stock, either in print or electronically. If the item is in stock but out on loan you can place a request through StarPlus. You can also check the Directory of Open Access Journals: DOAJ and OpenDOAR: Directory of Open Access Repositories where you may be able to find the full text of the item you require.
What if the Library does not have the item I want?
If the Library doesn’t have the item you require and you can’t locate it from any other source, we will try to obtain it as an interlibrary request. This service is expensive and we request you use it only for essential materials.
Undergraduate and taught postgraduate students should not normally need to make requests unless they are doing a research module or dissertation research.
Staff, postgraduate research, postgraduate taught and undergraduate students can submit interlibrary requests through MUSE by following these steps:
• Log in to MUSE
• Click on `My services’ at the top of the page
• Click on `View all services’
• On the All services page click on `Inter Library Loan Requests’
• Complete form and press the submit button
Staff, postgraduate research and postgraduate taught students can also submit interlibrary requests directly through StarPlus in the following ways:
- By searching "Everything" or "Articles and more" in StaPlus, and expand the results, e.g. "Include results without full text online access" material not held in full text will provide an InterLibrary Request option. You will need to be logged in to StarPlus to use this option.
- Using "Find it" from a subject database and sign into StarPlus. Requests can be placed using the reference from the database without needing to fill out a form.
Payment is made from library funds so no charge will be taken from your account. If you wish to pay for this request by any other method, please print the form in the Quick links box and submit it to a Library service point.
Please note that the Library reserves the right to share information with your department regarding your request(s).