Useful Contacts for Current Students

Emergency Contacts

University and external emergency agencies


SSiD is a one-stop shop for student related enquiries. If in doubt come to SSiD

Academic Departments

Use our look up tool to find contacts in a particular department

Accommodation services

Accommodation Services have accommodation for students at all levels of study.  They’re here to offer advice and information about all your accommodation options.

Advice Centre

The Student Advice Centre is a professional, impartial, confidential and non-judgemental service, providing advice, support and representation to help you resolve your problems.

Careers Service

The Careers Service is dedicated space which you can use throughout your time here. Careers advisers are available daily and, as well as comprehensive careers information resources

Counselling Service

The University Counselling Service provides you with an opportunity to think and talk in confidence with fully trained counselling specialists.


The aim of CICS is to ensure that the University has thelevels of computing, telecommunications, network services and technical support to allow it to achieve its aims and objectives

Central Welfare and Guidance

The CWAG team supports students experiencing personal difficulties that are significantly impacting on their university experience and ability to study

Department for Lifelong Learning

Gain a University degree or certificate through part-time evening study

Disability and Dyslexia Support Service

The Disability and Dyslexia Support Service (DDSS) is a friendly and confidential service at The University of Sheffield

English Language Teaching

The ELT Centre provides assistance and advice to you if you feel that help is needed with your English

Events Team

The Events Team is responsible for organising the University's undergraduate and higher degree congregations, both in Sheffield and overseas and a series of other important events.

Examinations Team

The Examinations Team manages the organisation and conduct of the University’s invigilated examinations, including those delivered overseas and online.

Financial Support Team

The Financial Support Team administers the University's bursary scheme, undergraduate scholarship schemes and financial support to students experiencing exceptional financial difficulties.

Find staff/students

This telephone directory of all who have chosen to make their details available

Global Opportunities and Exchanges

Study Abroad Programme (World wide exchanges) and Erasmus Programme (European Exchanges)

Graduate Research Centre

The Dainton Graduate Research Centre offers research students dedicated and bookable work spaces at the heart of the campus. The centre has been designed with students' needs in mind.

Health Service

All students of the University are entitled to register with the University Health Service for NHS care, from a Sheffield address

Income Office

The Income Office is responsible for providing information to help students with their financial enquiry.

International College

The University of Sheffield International College and its programmes are provided by Study Group in collaboration with the University of Sheffield.

International Student Support

Information, advice and additional support for international students: visa and immigration concerns; settling in, student events, quries relating to family life/dependents

Library Services

The University Library provides an essential service to all students with over one million items in the Library as well online resources

Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Service

Offering care and support to people of all faiths and none


Sheffield University Nightline is a telephone listening service run by trained student volunteers

Nursery and Childcare

The Nursery is a non-profit making establishment which was set up by the Union  to provide a subsidised facility for students

Registration Team

Registration of students, registration status, module choice.

Research Degree Support Team

Research Degree Support Team provides students with advice and guidance on matters relating to their progression through their research degree

Residence Life

The Residence Life team are here to help you have the best student residential experience possible.

Student Access to Mental Health Support (SAMHS)

SAMHS will be the first point of contact for students to explore a broad range of mental health support needs in a single triage appointment

Smart Move

Smart Move maintains a private sector registration scheme of private flats and houses which have been inspected and meet the their registration standards

Smart Move
Student Fees Team

Managing the fee and sponsorship records for students

Student Jobshop

The Student Jobshop help you look for student jobs and work experience including part-time paid work, summer internships, placements, vacation work and voluntary wor

Student Skills Centre (301)

The 301: Student Skills and Development Centre offers a flexible, modern space with a range of services and activities to support your skills development

Sport Sheffield

The University of Sheffield has some of the best and most extensive sporting facilities in the UK

Student Transitions and Support

The team also develop and deliver induction, transition and retention initiatives for students.

Students' Union

When you become a Sheffield student, you automatically become a member of the Students' Union. You become part of one voice that can change things for the better

Student Results and Awards Team

The Results and Awards Team is responsible for  processing examination results and awards, issuing Higher Education Achievement Reports (HEARs) and electronic transcripts to students, and maintaining the associated student record