Taking Time out of University
Who to speak to if you're thinking of taking time out of University or withdrawing completely.
If you’re thinking of taking time out of your studies or withdrawing permanently, the following services can help you discuss your options.
- Health-related concerns: University Health Service
- Course-related concerns: your Academic Department
- Money concerns: Student Advice Centre
- Mental wellbeing concerns: Student Access to Mental Health Support
- Personal difficulties that are impacting student experience : Central Welfare and Guidance
Student Wellbeing Service
The Student Wellbeing Service offers short-term, tailored one-to-one support if you’re feeling down, overwhelmed or struggling to adjust to student life.
Leave of absence
If you need to take time out of University for whatever reason, you can apply for a Leave of Absence. The page below explains this in more detail and how to apply.
Withdrawing from University
If you’ve decided that you want to leave University completely, the page below outlines the necessary steps you must take.