Bridging the Culture Gap
An introduction to resources that can improve our interactions with students and staff from different cultural backgrounds.
The aim of this session is to:
1. Introduce participants to the significance of culture in determining how we view the world
2. Provide participants with knowledge of how aspects of culture underpin interactions between people from different cultures
3. Provide participants with tools to improve their interactions with students and colleagues from different cultures
4. Help participants towards a better understanding of some of the challenges presented by group project work undertaken by students from different cultural backgrounds
5. Provide a forum for discussion in which participants can raise specific cultural challenges that they have faced in the course of their work.
Audience: All staff from academic and other departments whose role includes supporting, teaching or supervising students
Length: 3 hours
Thursday 10th December 2020, 11.00am to 12.00noon
Tuesday 9th February 2021, 11.00am to 12.00noon
Tuesday 8th June 2021, 10.00am to 12.00noon
Thursday 5th August 2021, 10.00am to 12.00noon