Introduction to English Language Support Services
- supporting and developing students' academic literacy and communication skills
This session will help academic and support staff identify which English Language Teaching Centre (ELTC) services they can recommend to both home and international students who may need to improve areas such as English language, academic writing, communicating in seminars or tutorials, using effective reading techniques etc.
By the end of this session attendees will:
- Be able to identify and distinguish between the range of services offered by the ELTC
- Have raised awareness of the diversity of students' needs, particularly in the case of international students
- Be able to advise colleagues/students on which ELTC services may be suitable for different students and their needs
Format: Presentation, discussion, workshop.
Audience: All staff in academic departments whose role includes teaching and/or supporting students.
Any other bodies/services that support students: the Students' Union, the library, 301 etc
Length: 90 minutes
- Thursday 19th September 2019, 2pm-3:30pm
- Thursday 16th Jan 2020, 2pm-3:30pm
- Thursday 2nd July 2020, 2pm-3:30pm
You can now use the Learning Management System (LMS) to register your interest/reserve your place on one of these sessions.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com.