Students with Extenuating Circumstances
This session provides an overview for of the procedures taught students follow when reporting extenuating circumstances to academic departments. Focus will also be on the considerations academic departments give to extenuating circumstances and support options available as well as academic outcomes (resulting from Examination Board considerations). The session will also provide an opportunity for discussion on good practice and for attendees to raise any queries or issues they may have in relation to the reporting and consideration of students’ extenuating circumstances..
● to provide an overview of the Extenuating Circumstances Process, including reference to the EC Form and Guidance Notes
● to provide attendees with an opportunity to raise and discuss any queries they have with regards to the consideration of extenuating circumstances
● to offer advice and guidance on good practice in the consideration of extenuating circumstances, including by Pre-Examination Boards
● to raise awareness of University services and procedures available to offer support to students with extenuating circumstances
Format: Presentation / discussion
Audience: All staff in academic departments whose role includes teaching and/or supporting students. May be particularly relevant to departmental administrative staff and members of Pre-Examination Boards (which consider extenuating circumstances) and members of Examination Boards.
Length: 1 hour
- Thursday 5 December 2019, 11-12pm
- Tuesday 19 May 2020, 2:30-3:30pm *CANCELLED*
You can now use the Learning Management System (LMS) to register your interest/reserve your place on this session.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com