Learning and teaching essentials
These resources provide essential information about learning and teaching at The University of Sheffield.
The six guides each take you through a key aspect of learning and teaching - if you are new to teaching, or new to the University, we recommend working through each of these resources as part of your induction.
They can also provide a useful refresher for existing teaching staff.
List of Essential guides:
- Assessment and feedback provides information about types of assessment, marking criteria, fair assessment and giving feedback.
- Curriculum design provides guidance on planning, communicating and reflecting on your curriculum.
- Teaching practice covers planning, delivering and evaluating teaching sessions.
- Supporting students’ academic journey looks at empowering students, creating inclusive environments, and sources of support.
- Digital learning gives an overview of the VLE, electronic assessment, interactive classrooms and digital tools.
- Inclusivity will help you develop inclusive practice, from academic communities to assessment and feedback.
|Accessible versions of Essentials Resources||
Accessible, text-only, versions of Essential Resources