What is it?
The social widget is a quick and easy way to promote social media channels on your website.
It displays icons and links to a variety of channels, including:
The icons are built in to the widget, so you don't need to upload any extra graphics. You can put more than one link in to the same social media channel if you wish. You can also reorder how the icons appear.
How to insert a social widget
- Open to edit the page or folder you want to add a news widget to
- Click the Secondary content tab
- Select Social widget from the dropdown and click Create
- Choose an icon from the dropdown
- Paste in the full URL for each channel, e.g. http://facebook.com/theuniversityofsheffield
- Click One more to add more channels
- Use the Up and Down buttons to reorder channels
- Click Insert
You can remove a widget by clicking the red cross on the right-hand side of the list of widgets.
Things to consider
It is worth playing around with the ordering of the channels to ensure that the icons stand out against adjacent icons. Try to keep icons with a white background separated by a colour icon.