Page 3: Completing the content status sheet
Open up the content status sheet and click on the Content Status tab at the bottom of the page. There are currently 4 different stages of development and from left to right the columns are:
Content creation stage
- A. Mark 1 for a page: Add a 1 to this column if this is a page in your website. When the page has been fully completed we shall mark the corresponding Page Created and Content Added (column G) with a 1. This then provides us with a percentage completed value for the website in the Text edited and inserted row B2.
- B. Section/Page: The name of your page.
- C. Not used
- D. Content Type: We have an increasing amount of page Content types. At the time of writing these are:
- HP / Homepage. The front page of your department's website.
- Hub / Hub page. The first page of a section eg. Postgraduate.
- Bas / Basic. A Content type used for the most basic of pages. The majority of your website pages will be of this type.
- News story. The Content type to be used when creating a page for a news story.
- Std / Standard page. The old name for a Basic page. Some pages built using this page type still exist especially on the pilot sites of CBE, Law and English. These pages use paragraph components to build their content.
- LP / Landing page. The old name for the homepage page type. Some pages built using this page type still exist especially on the pilot sites of CBE, Law and English. These pages use paragraph components to build their content.
- E. Work to be completed / Extra content required notes: Any optional notes for when building the page. Once the page is complete you can use this space for any further notes.
- F. Who populated the page: The initials of the person, either from the Web Content Team or department who has built the page.
- G. Page created and content added: Add a 1 into this column to increase the percentage completed value for the website in the Text edited and inserted row B2.
- I. Promo box: The type of promo box used on the page. We normally create a different promo box per section with relevant content eg. PG equals Postgraduate. This promo box can then be manually added to each page in the Postgraduate section with text about eg. Postgraduate open days.
- J. Link check: Check that all the links on the page work. Type Yes if they do.
Review/sign off stage
- K. Signed off (including others): Once the page is completed and you've obtained sign-off from the person responsible for this then add their initials here.
- L. Final check by CC: For Corporate Communications to check the signed off page.
- M. Post-launch updates/edits: Any content changes that you might want to make once the page has gone live eg. adding future functionality.
- N. Opportunities for library content: Make any notes here about content that could possibly be centralised and repeated across the site. The benefit of this is that you'd only have to change it once and then all instances across your site would be instantly updated. This saves you time and decreases the chance of errors when updating the same content multiple times.
Get in touch
If you have CMS questions or are stuck then get in touch and we'll do our best to help.