Our relationship with Malaysia
The University of Sheffield has a long established relationship with Malaysia and we have been welcoming students here for many decades.
The first known Malaysian graduate of Sheffield graduated from us in 1955 and we are delighted you are interested in following that tradition.
International Office - Malaysia team contacts
The Malaysia team is here to help you and offers a comprehensive 'one stop' service to students from Malaysia. The University of Sheffield has a South East Asia Office in Damansara Heights, Kuala Lumpur.
Our role includes:
- Advice and counselling for you and your parents on all aspects of study in Sheffield including courses, tuition fees and available scholarships and making an application to study with us;
- Information and practical details about living in Sheffield including finding somewhere to live, how to get here and what happens when you arrive;
- Answering your questions about the city of Sheffield and student life here;
- Possible opportunity to meet a member of staff when they visit Malaysia to get information and advice on your application to Sheffield;
- Pre-departure briefings before you leave Malaysia, which will give you the chance to make plans to come here and meet other new students from Malaysia who will be coming to study with you in Sheffield.
- Please note that all candidates applying for an Undergraduate degree programme in Medicine and Dentistry for entry from 2007 onwards will need to undertake the UKCAT in order to be eligible for admission. As part of our efforts in providing better service, you can register for a test online and sit for a test at the University of Sheffield South East Asia Office in Kuala Lumpur. More information can be found at 'Entry requirements for students from Malaysia'.
You may have already met us during one of the many visits we make to Malaysia throughout the year. If you haven't met us yet, then we hope you will.
If you have a general enquiry that is not answered within these pages please use our frequently asked questions database, Ask Sheffield – this has answers to most of the questions we receive.
If you cannot find the answer to your question on Ask Sheffield, please contact the Malaysia Team.
email : email@example.com