Engineering International Scholarships 2017
We are pleased to offer Engineering International Scholarships to all international undergraduate students starting their studies in the Faculty of Engineering in September 2017.
The scholarships are worth £2,500 per year each.
Eligibility and award criteria
- You must hold an offer of a study place and begin your undergraduate studies in September 2017 in one of the following departments: Aerospace Engineering, Automatic Control & Systems Engineering, Bioengineering, Chemical & Biological Engineering, Civil & Structural Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic & Electrical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, MEng Engineering.
- The scholarships will be awarded automatically – no application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- The scholarships will be awarded unconditionally in the first year of study. You can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body* and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
* Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.
Engineering at Sheffield is also offering a number of scholarship awards to international, undergraduate students with established and continued academic excellence. Students meeting the award criteria will receive the award on entry - the amount dependent on academic achievement, as follows:
A*A*A* - £3000
A*A*A - £2000
A*AA - £1000
Find out more here.