Professor Stephen Pinfield
Professor of Information Services Management
MA (Cambridge), MA (London), PhD (Nottingham), PGCert (Sheffield), MCLIP, FHEA
I joined the School in 2012 having previously worked as a senior information practitioner in the UK Higher Education sector. Latterly, I was Chief Information Officer at the University of Nottingham with responsibility for a large converged IT and library service supporting Nottingham’s campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia. I have experience of leading a wide range of research-and-development projects and participating in national policy initiatives, and bring this experience to bear on my research and teaching. My main research and teaching interests focus on managing and developing information and technology services in organisations, skills development for information professionals, scholarly communication, digital information resources management, ‘openness’, and information-related policies in organisations.
- Deputy Head of School
- Programme Coordinator for MA Library and Information Services Management (distance learning).
- Programme Coordinator for MA Librarianship.
- Module Coordinator:
- Management for Library and Information Services (INF6005)
- Academic and Research Libraries (INF6200 and INF6502)
- School Part-Time Student Adviser.
- Member of the Information School Strategy Group.
- Member of the University Open Access Implementation Group.
- Member of the Digital Societies Research Group.