Professor Ning Qin
BSc, MEng, PhD, AFAIAA, FRAeS
Professor of Aerodynamics
Head of Thermofluids Group
MEng Course Tutor (Year 3 & 4)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Sir Frederick Mappin Building
Telephone: +44(0)114 222 7718
Fax: +44(0)114 222 7890
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
With a PhD degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Glasgow, Ning Qin started his Aerodynamics/CFD research career working as a Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow at Glasgow. He conducted research in the area of predicting hypersonic heating (in the HOTOL spaceplane programme), investigating Navier-Stokes methods for high speed flows, developing Newton-like implicit methods for CFD and parallel computing on the Daresbury's i860 Hypercube, an early national parallel computing system.
He moved to Cranfield University College of Aeronautics in 1994 and was appointed to the Chair of Computational Aerodynamics in 1999. At Cranfield, he established the Center for Computational Aerodynamics, with a wide range of funded research activities.
In 2003, he was appointed to a Chair of Aerodynamics and Fluid Mechanics at the University of Sheffield, heading the Aerodynamics and Thermo-Fluids Group.
Professor Qin is a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society and an Associate Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics. He was awarded the RAeS Hafner Prize on VTOL Technology in 2000. He is an Associate Editor or on the editorial boards of a number of professional journals.
He is involved in a wide range of research and consultancy activities for Aerodynamic/CFD research and applications. He has published over 160 journal and conference papers in the area of Computational Fluid Dynamics and Aerodynamics. His recent research interests include: flow control, aerodynamic and multi-disciplinary optimization; micro-fluidic simulations; helicopter unsteady aerodynamics; supersonic and hypersonic vortical flows and interactions; transonic flutter boundary prediction, and algorithm development for turbulence simulation. He obtained research funding from research councils and industries including EPSRC, Leverhulme Trust, EU, DERA(QinetiQ), BAE Systems, Westland Helicopters Ltd, Airbus, Rolls Royce and Aircraft Research Associates.
Areas of Research
The Aerodynamics Research Group's interest is in the development and application of computational aerodynamic tools to a wide range of industrial problems in aerospace, automotive, and environmental industries. These advanced tools provide in-depth analyses and design optimisation for engineering products, such as aircraft wing drag reduction, racing car down force enhancement, and wind turbine blade efficiency improvement.
The aerodynamic analysis and design tools vary from very fast panel methods to popular commercial CFD packages, from the most advanced adjoint method for optimisation (adj-MERLIN) to the detached eddy simulation software (DGDES) for massively separated turbulent flows, developed within the group.
Current projects include: wake vortex aircraft interactions for aviation safety, shock control for drag reduction, control bump optimisation for transonic wing performance, dynamic grid DES for synthetic jets flow control, and adaptive meshing techniques.
The Aerodynamics Research Group is equipped with a number of CFD pre- and post-processing packages for grid generation and flow visualisation, two Linux parallel computing clusters, and two low speed wind tunnels for experimental aerodynamic research and CFD validation.
- MEC316 Solar and Wind Energy
- MEC380 Aircraft Design
- MEC404 Computational Fluid Dynamics
- MEC424 Aerodynamic Design
- beck S, blakey S, chin S, Nicolleau FCGA & qin N (2006) The little book of thermofluids..
- Wang H, Wang Z, Sun M & Qin N (2014) Large eddy simulation based studies of jet-cavity interactions in a supersonic flow. Acta Astronautica, 93, 182-192.
- Wang H, Wang Z, Sun M & Qin N (2013) Combustion characteristics in a supersonic combustor with hydrogen injection upstream of cavity flameholder. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 34(2), 2073-2082.
- Wang H, Sun M, Wu H, Wang Z & Qin N (2013) Characteristics of oscillations in supersonic open cavity flows. Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 90(1), 121-142.
- Chen ZJ, Qin N & Nowakowski AF (2013) Three-dimensional laminar-separation bubble on a cambered thin wing at low reynolds numbers. Journal of Aircraft, 50(1), 152-163.
- Wang H, Wang Z, Sun M & Qin N (2013) Large-Eddy/Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes simulation of combustion oscillations in a cavity-based supersonic combustor. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy.
- Wang H, Wang Z, Sun M & Qin N (2013) Hybrid Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes/large-eddy simulation of jet mixing in a supersonic crossflow. Science China Technological Sciences, 1-14.
- Naranjo AG, Cowling I, Green JA & Qin N (2013) Aerodynamic performance benefits of utilising camber morphing wings for unmanned air vehicles. AERONAUTICAL JOURNAL, 117(1189), 315-327.
- Wang H, Wang Z, Sun M & Qin N (2013) Large-Eddy/Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes simulation of combustion oscillations in a cavity-based supersonic combustor. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 38(14), 5918-5927.
- García Naranjo A, Cowling I, Green JA & Qin N (2013) Aerodynamic performance, benefits of utilising camber morphing wings for unmanned air vehicles. Aeronautical Journal, 117(1189), 329-340.
- Chen ZJ & Qin N (2013) Planform Effects for Low-Reynolds-Number Thin Wings with Positive and Reflex Cambers. JOURNAL OF AIRCRAFT, 50(3), 952-964.
- Wang H, Wang Z, Sun M & Qin N (2013) Hybrid Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes/large-eddy simulation of jet mixing in a supersonic crossflow. Science China Technological Sciences, 56(6), 1435-1448.
- Lu Q, Chen J, Qin N & Wang X (2013) Design of tip airfoil of wind turbine based on hybrid parameterization modification theory. Taiyangneng Xuebao/Acta Energiae Solaris Sinica, 34(4), 555-561.
- Wang Y, Qin N, Carnie G & Shahpar S (2013) Zipper layer method for linking two dissimilar structured meshes. Journal of Computational Physics, 255(0), 130-148.
- McIntosh SC & Qin N (2013) The influence of transition onset location on the performance of shock control bumps. AERONAUTICAL JOURNAL, 117(1196), 1037-1051.
- Deng F, Qin N, Liu X, Yu X & Zhao N (2013) Shock control bump optimization for a low sweep supercritical wing. Science China Technological Sciences, 56(10), 2385-2390.
- Deng F, Qin N & Wu Y (2013) Shock control bump optimization for drag reduction using parallel efficient global optimization algorithm. Nanjing Hangkong Hangtian Daxue Xuebao/Journal of Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 45(4), 485-490.
- Qin N, Carnie G, Wang Y & Shahpar S (2013) Design optimization of casing grooves using zipper layer meshing. Journal of Turbomachinery, 136(3).
- Danao L, Qin N & Howell RJ (2012) A numerical study of blade thickness and camber effects on vertical axis wind turbines. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A, Journal of Power and Energy.
- Ahmed MYM & Qin N (2012) Surrogate-based multi-objective aerothermodynamic design optimization of hypersonic spiked bodies. AIAA Journal, 50(4), 797-810.
- Deng F, Qin N & Wu Y (2012) Training algorithms for EGO method and applications. Jisuan Wuli/Chinese Journal of Computational Physics, 29(3), 326-332.
- Wang H, Qin N, Sun M & Wang Z (2012) A dynamic pressure-sink method for improving large eddy simulation and hybrid Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes/large eddy simulation of wall-bounded flows. PROCEEDINGS OF THE INSTITUTION OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERS PART G-JOURNAL OF AEROSPACE ENGINEERING, 226(G9), 1107-1120.
- Durrani N & Qin N (2012) Comparison of hybrid RANS-LES methods for massively separated flows. Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design, 117, 257-266.
- Wang W & Qin N (2012) Balancing destruction and production in S-A Model-based hybrid RANS-LES for flow around an aerofoil with mild separation. Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design, 117, 379-388.
- Wang H, Sun M, Wu H, Wang Z & Qin N (2012) Characteristics of Oscillations in Supersonic Open Cavity Flows. Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 1-22.
- Wu W-H, Meng D-H, Fan Z-L, Chen D-H & Qin N (2012) Adjoint based on high precise aerodynamic shape optimization for transonic civil aircraft. Kongqi Donglixue Xuebao/Acta Aerodynamica Sinica, 30(6).
- Durrani N & Qin N (2011) Behavior of detached-eddy simulations for mild airfoil trailing-edge separation. Journal of Aircraft, 48(1), 193-202.
- Lee DS, Periaux J, Onate E, Gonzalez LF & Qin N (2011) Active Transonic Aerofoil Design Optimization Using Robust Multiobjective Evolutionary Algorithms. JOURNAL OF AIRCRAFT, 48(3), 1084-1094.
- Ahmed MYM & Qin N (2011) Numerical investigation of aeroheating characteristics of spiked blunt bodies at Mach six flight conditions. AERONAUT J, 115(1168), 377-386.
- Zheng HW, Shu C, Chew YT & Qin N (2011) A solution adaptive simulation of compressible multi-fluid flows with general equation of state. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 67(5), 616-637.
- Ahmed MYM & Qin N (2011) Recent advances in the aerothermodynamics of spiked hypersonic vehicles. Progress in Aerospace Sciences, 47(6), 425-449.
- Qin N, Howell R, Durrani N, Hamada K & Smith T (2011) Unsteady flow simulation and dynamic stall behaviour of vertical axis wind turbine blades. Wind Engineering, 35(4), 511-527.
- Wang HB, Qin N, Sun MB, Wu HY & Wang ZG (2011) A hybrid LES (Large Eddy Simulation)/assumed sub-grid PDF (Probability Density Function) model for supersonic turbulent combustion. SCI CHINA TECHNOL SC, 54(10), 2694-2707.
- Zheng HW, Qin N, Nicolleau FCGA & Shu C (2011) Quadrilateral cell-based anisotropic adaptive solution for the euler equations. Communications in Computational Physics, 9(1), 68-88.
- De Feo D, Qin N & Birch TJ (2010) Vortex Capturing Using PNS-WENO Schemes in Uniform and Non Uniform Mesh Formulations. ADV APPL MATH MECH, 2(4), 399-429.
- Howell R, Qin N, Edwards J & Durrani N (2010) Wind tunnel and numerical study of a small vertical axis wind turbine. RENEW ENERG, 35(2), 412-422. View this article in White Rose Research Online
- Pang XP, Qin N, Dwyer-Joyce RS, Chen J & Wang JX (2010) A General Profile Parameterization of Hydrodynamic Journal Bearings for Efficient Shape Optimization. TRIBOL T, 53(1), 117-126.
- Ahmed MYM & Qin N (2010) Drag Reduction Using Aerodisks for Hypersonic Hemispherical Bodies. J SPACECRAFT ROCKETS, 47(1), 62-80.
- Ahmed MYM & Qin N (2010) Metamodels for aerothermodynamic design optimization of hypersonic spiked blunt bodies. AEROSP SCI TECHNOL, 14(5), 364-376.
- Elarbi EM & Qin N (2010) Effects of pitching rotation on aerodynamics of tandem flapping wing sections of a hovering dragonfly. AERONAUT J, 114(1161), 699-710.
- Shan YY, Shu C & Qin N (2009) Multiquadric Finite Difference (MQ-FD) Method and its Application. ADV APPL MATH MECH, 1(5), 615-638.
- Qin N, Wong WS & Le Moigne A (2008) Three-dimensional contour bumps for transonic wing drag reduction. P I MECH ENG G-J AER, 222(G5), 619-629.
- Wong WS, Qin N, Sellars N, Holden H & Babinsky H (2008) A combined experimental and numerical study of flow structures over three-dimensional shock control bumps. AEROSP SCI TECHNOL, 12(6), 436-447.
- Qin N & Xia H (2008) Detached eddy simulation of a synthetic jet for flow control. P I MECH ENG I-J SYS, 222(I5), 373-380.
- Liu X, Li Q, Chai J & Qin N (2008) New dynamic grid algrithm and its application. Hangkong Xuebao/Acta Aeronautica et Astronautica Sinica, 29(4), 817-822.
- Siouris S & Qin N (2007) Study of the effects of wing sweep on the aerodynamic performance of a blended wing body aircraft. P I MECH ENG G-J AER, 221(G1), 47-55.
- Vavalle A & Qin N (2007) Iterative response surface based optimization scheme for transonic airfoil design. J AIRCRAFT, 44(2), 365-376.
- Spence GT, Le Moigne A, Allerton DJ & Qin N (2007) Wake vortex model for real-time flight simulation based on large eddy simulation. J AIRCRAFT, 44(2), 467-475.
- Wong WS, Le Moigne A & Qin N (2007) Parallel adjoint-based optimisation of a blended wing body aircraft with shock control bumps. AERONAUT J, 111(1117), 165-174.
- Qin N & Hodgkinson JM (2007) Promoting scientific and technical communication in aerospace engineering with China. P I MECH ENG G-J AER, 221(G2), I-I.
- Shu C, Shan YY & Qin N (2007) Development of a local MQ-DQ-based stencil adaptive method and its application to solve incompressible Navier-Stokes equations. INT J NUMER METH FL, 55(4), 367-386.
- Zhong B, Shaw S & Qin N (2007) BILU implicit multiblock Euler/Navier-Stokes simulation for rotor tip vortex and wake convection. INT J NUMER METH FL, 55(6), 509-536.
- Liu XQ, Qin N & Xia H (2006) Fast dynamic grid deformation based on Delaunay graph mapping. J COMPUT PHYS, 211(2), 405-423.
- Qin N & Liu XQ (2006) Flow feature aligned grid adaptation. INT J NUMER METH ENG, 67(6), 787-814.
- Qin N & Liu XQ (2006) Flow feature aligned grid adaptation (vol 67, pg 787, 2006). INT J NUMER METH ENG, 67(6), 894-894.
- Le Moigne A & Qin N (2006) Aerofoil profile and sweep optimisation for a blended wing-body aircraft using a discrete adjoint method. AERONAUT J, 110(1111), 589-604.
- Qin N & Liu X (2006) Erratum: Flow feature aligned grid adaptation (International Journal for Numerical Methods Engineering (2006) vol. 67 (787-814)). International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 67(6), 894-894.
- Tadjouddine M, Forth SA & Qin N (2005) Elimination AD applied to Jacobian assembly for an implicit compressible CFD solver. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL FOR NUMERICAL METHODS IN FLUIDS, 47(10-11), 1315-1321.
- Qin N, Vavalle A & Le Moigne A (2005) Spanwise lift distribution for blended wing body aircraft. J AIRCRAFT, 42(2), 356-365.
- Xia H & Qin N (2005) Detached-Eddy Simulation for synthetic jets with moving boundaries. MODERN PHYSICS LETTERS B, 19(28-29), 1429-1434.
- Qin N, Liu X & Xia H (2005) An efficient moving grid algorithm for large deformation. MODERN PHYSICS LETTERS B, 19(28-29), 1499-1502.
- Le Moigne A & Qin N (2004) Variable-fidelity aerodynamic optimization for turbulent flows using a discrete adjoint formulation. AIAA J, 42(7), 1281-1292.
- Qin N, Zhu Y & Shaw ST (2004) Numerical study of active shock control for transonic aerodynamics. INT J NUMER METHOD H, 14(4), 444-466.
- Qin N, Vavalle A, Le Moigne A, Laban M, Hackett K & Weinerfelt P (2004) Aerodynamic considerations of blended wing body aircraft. PROG AEROSP SCI, 40(6), 321-343.
- Prince SA & Qin N (2002) Mechanism of windward vortex shocks about supersonic slender bodies. AERONAUT J, 106(1063), 507-519.
- Richardson G & Qin N (2001) An eddy-viscosity limited algebraic stress model for shook-boundary-layer interaction. AERONAUT J, 105(1045), 105-118.
- Shaw ST & Qin N (2001) Study of the aerodynamics of in-plane motion. P I MECH ENG G-J AER, 215(G2), 89-104.
- Zhong B & Qin N (2001) Non-inertial multiblock Navier-Stokes calculation for hovering rotor flowfields using relative velocity approach. AERONAUT J, 105(1049), 379-389.
- Kontis K, Qin N, Stollery JL & Edwards JA (2000) Hypersonic performance of a lifting elliptic cone with and without strakes. JOURNAL OF SPACECRAFT AND ROCKETS, 37(1), 21-27.
- Qin N, Ludlow DK & Shaw ST (2000) A matrix-free preconditioned Newton/GMRES method for unsteady Navier-Stokes solutions. INT J NUMER METH FL, 33(2), 223-248.
- Shaw ST & Qin N (2000) Calculation of compressible indicial response. AERONAUT J, 104(1042), 665-673.
- Shaw ST & Qin N (1999) Unsteady flow around helicopter rotor blade sections in forward flight. AERONAUT J, 103(1019), 35-44.
- Qin N & Redlich A (1999) Massively separated flows due to transverse sonic jet in laminar hypersonic stream. SHOCK WAVES, 9(2), 87-93.
- Qin N & Zhu Y (1999) Grid adaption for shock/turbulent boundary-layer interaction. AIAA JOURNAL, 37(9), 1129-1131.
- Ludlow DK & Qin N (1998) Computational prediction of pitch damping for supersonic blunt cones. JOURNAL OF SPACECRAFT AND ROCKETS, 35(6), 849-851.
- Qin N, Zhu Y & Poll DIA (1998) Surface suction on aerofoil aerodynamic characteristics at transonic speeds. P I MECH ENG G-J AER, 212(G5), 339-351.
- Qin N, Ludlow DK, Shaw ST, Edwards JA & Dupuis A (1997) Calculation of pitch damping for a flared projectile. JOURNAL OF SPACECRAFT AND ROCKETS, 34(4), 566-568.
- Qin N & Foster GW (1996) Computational study of supersonic lateral jet flow interactions. J SPACECRAFT ROCKETS, 33(5), 651-656.
- Qin N (1996) Incipient separation boundary: Confirmation of an empirical criterion by Navier-Stokes solutions. AERONAUT J, 100(999), 381-384.
- XU X, QIN N & RICHARDS BE (1992) ALPHA-GMRES - A NEW PARALLELIZABLE ITERATIVE SOLVER FOR LARGE SPARSE NONSYMMETRICAL LINEAR-SYSTEMS ARISING FROM CFD. INT J NUMER METH FL, 15(5), 613-623.
- Qin N, Xu X & Richards BE (1992) Newton-like methods for Navier-Stokes solution.
- Qin N, Xu X & Richards BE (1992) Newton-like methods for fast high resolution simulation of hypersonic viscous flows. Computing Systems in Engineering, 3(1-4), 429-435.
- QIN N, SCRIBA KW & RICHARDS BE (1991) SHOCK-SHOCK, SHOCK-VORTEX INTERACTION AND AERODYNAMIC HEATING IN HYPERSONIC CORNER FLOW. AERONAUT J, 95(945), 152-160.
- Qin N & Harris M (2013) Using the Medial Axis to Represent Complex Flow Structures for Flow Feature-Aligned Mesh Generation. AIAA Paper 2013-0150. Grapevine, Texas, USA, 7 January 2013 - 13 January 2013.
- Chen ZJ & Qin N (2012) Propeller Effects on Low Reynolds Number Aerodynamics. RAeS Applied Aerodynamic Conference: Modelling and Simulation in the Aerodynamic Design Process, 17 July 2012 - 19 July 2012.
- Ahmed M & Qin N (2012) Investigation of the flow asymmetry around axi-symmetric spiked blunt bodies at hypersonic speeds. RAeS Applied Aerodynamic Conference: Modelling and Simulation in the Aerodynamic Design Process, 17 July 2012 - 19 July 2012.
- Zhu F & Qin N (2012) Development of CST Geometric Parameterisation Method for an Entire Transport Aircraft. RAeS Applied Aerodynamic Conference: Modelling and Simulation in the Aerodynamic Design Process, 17 July 2012 - 19 July 2012.
- Lu Q, Chen J, Cheng J, Qin N & Danao LAM (2011) Study of CFD simulation of a 3-D wind turbine. ICMREE2011 - Proceedings 2011 International Conference on Materials for Renewable Energy and Environment, Vol. 1 (pp 596-600)
- Carnie G, Wang Y, Qin N & Shahpar S (2011) Design optimisation of casing grooves using the zipper layer meshing method. Proceedings of the ASME Turbo Expo, Vol. 7(PARTS A, B, AND C) (pp 1163-1174)
- Qin N, Wang Y, Carnie G & Shahpar S (2011) Zipper layer method. Proceedings of the 20th International Meshing Roundtable, IMR 2011 (pp 587-599)
- Zheng HW, Nicolleau FCGA & Qin N (2010) Assessment of des on the flow after a snow-flake orifice. Notes on Numerical Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design, Vol. 111 (pp 157-165)
- De Feo DM, Qin N & Birch TJ (2010) A MUSCL and WENO - PNS approach for vortex dominated flowfields. 48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition
- Zheng HW, Qin N & Shu C (2010) Three dimensional adaptive method for compressible multi-fluids flows. 48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition
- Ahmed MYM & Qin N (2010) Metamodels for aerothermodynamic design optimization of hypersonic spiked blunt bodies. 48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition
- Boller C, Kuo CM & Qin N (2009) Biologically Inspired Shape Changing Aerodynamic Profiles and their Effect on Flight Performance of Future Aircraft. EMBODING INTELLIGENCE IN STRUCTURES AND INTEGRATED SYSTEMS, Vol. 56 (pp 534-544)
- Zheng HW, Nicolleau FCGA & Qin N (2009) Detached Eddy Simulation of Turbulence Flows in a Pipe with Fractal Shape Orifices. ADVANCES IN TURBULENCE XII - PROCEEDINGS OF THE 12TH EUROMECH EUROPEAN TURBULENCE CONFERENCE, Vol. 132 (pp 947-948)
- Qin N, Carnie G, LeMoigne A, Liu X & Shahpar S (2009) Buffer layer method for linking two non-matching multi-block structured grids. 47th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition
- Xia H & Qin N (2008) DES applied to an isolated synthetic jet flow. ADVANCES IN HYBRID RANS-LES MODELLING (pp 252-260)
- Carniea G & Qin N (2008) Fluid-structure interaction of HALE wing configuration with an efficient moving grid method. 46th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit
- Edwards J, Durrani N, Howell R & Qin N (2008) Wind tunnel and numerical study of a small vertical axis wind turbine. 46th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit
- Durrani N & Qin N (2008) Numerical simulation of flexible flapping airfoil propulsion using dynamic mesh at low reynolds numbers. 46th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit
- Hamada K, Smith T, Durrani N, Qin N & Howell R (2008) Unsteady flow simulation and dynamic stall around vertical axis wind turbine blades. 46th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit
- Boller C, Kuo CM & Qin N (2007) Approaching morphing wing concepts on the basis of micro aerial vehicles - art. no. 65270K. Industrial and Commercial Applications of Smart Structures Technologies 2007, Vol. 6527 (pp K5270-K5270)
- Qin N, Wong WS & Le Moigne A (2007) Adjoint-based optimisation of a blended wing body aircraft with shock control bumps. Collection of Technical Papers - 45th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Vol. 1 (pp 531-543)
- Boller C, Kuo C-M & Qin N (2007) Approaching morphing wing concepts on the basis of micro aerial vehicles. Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, Vol. 6527
- Xia H & Qin N (2006) Comparison of unsteady laminar and des solutions of synthetic jet flow. Collection of Technical Papers - AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, Vol. 2 (pp 878-888)
- Le Moigne A & Qin N (2006) LES with numerical dissipation for aircraft wake vortices. Collection of Technical Papers - 44th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Vol. 20 (pp 15245-15257)
- Spence GT, Le Moigne A, Qin N & Allerton DJ (2005) Real-time model of wake vortices based on large eddy simulation datasets. Collection of Technical Papers - AIAA Modeling and Simulation Technologies Conference 2005, Vol. 1 (pp 623-636)
- Zhong B, Shaw ST & Qin N (2005) BILU implicit multiblock euler/navier-stokes simulation for helicopter rotor vortical flow. 43rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit - Meeting Papers (pp 2209-2222)
- Xia H & Qin N (2005) Dynamic grid and unsteady boundary conditions for synthetic jet flow. 43rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit - Meeting Papers (pp 4047-4055)
- Wong WS, Qin N & Sellars N (2005) A numerical study of transonic flow in a wind tunnel over 3D bumps. 43rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit - Meeting Papers (pp 161-169)
- Hill JL, Shaw ST & Qin N (2005) Development and application of engineering transition model for rotorcraft aerodynamics. 30th European Rotorcraft Forum, Vol. 2005 (pp 143-160)
- Qin N (2001) Experience with the Osher scheme for applied aerodynamics. GODUNOV METHODS: THEORY AND APPLICATIONS (pp 707-715)
- Qin N, Ludlow DK & Shaw ST (1996) A matrix-free Newton-GMRES method for steady and unsteady Navier-Stokes solutions. COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS '96 (pp 784-790)
- QIN N, XU X & RICHARDS BE (1993) SFDN ALPHA-GMRES AND SQN ALPHA-GMRES METHODS FOR FAST HIGH-RESOLUTION N-S SIMULATIONS. NUMERICAL METHODS FOR FLUID DYNAMICS 4 (pp 583-592)
- XU X, QIN N & RICHARDS BE (1993) PARALLELIZING EXPLICIT AND FULLY IMPLICIT NAVIER-STOKES SOLUTIONS FOR COMPRESSIBLE FLOWS. PARALLEL COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS 92 (pp 407-418)
- Qin N & Coppin J () Adjoint Based Aerodynamic Optimisation of a UCAV. AIAA Paper 2013-0146. Grapevine, Taxas, USA, 7 January 2013 - 13 January 2013.
- Qin N () Home Page