MA Town and Regional Planning
Department of Urban Studies and Planning, Faculty of Social Sciences
Planning and investing in the spaces where we live and work has never been so important. An accredited MA from one of the UK's top planning schools can help you make a positive impact.
About the course
Course description 2017
Accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
Our one-year masters will help you get started in the planning profession. The course examines the factors that shape cities and rural areas. We’ll show you how research is used in policy-making and evaluation. You’ll develop research and design skills, and specialise in an aspect of planning.
- Governance of Place
- Theorising Planning and Development
- Perspectives on Spatial Planning and Development
- Urban Development in the Global South
- Integrated Project or International Planning Project
Examples of optional modules
- Natural Resources Planning
- Sustainability: A Critical Perspective
- Issues in Housing
- Local and Regional Economic Policy
- Planning Law and Regional Governance
- Managing Cities: the Seoul Case Study
Study in Europe
You have the option to spend the spring semester at one of our European partner universities.
1 year full-time
You’ll need a good honours degree or equivalent qualification from an approved institution.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It is a quick and easy process.
If you'd like to know more about any aspect of our courses, contact us: