MA Town and Regional Planning
Department of Urban Studies and Planning, Faculty of Social Sciences
Planning and investing in the spaces where we live and work has never been so important. An accredited MA from one of the UK's top planning schools can help you make a positive impact.
About the course
Course description 2017
Accredited by the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI)
Our one-year masters will help you get started in the planning profession. The course examines the factors that shape cities and rural areas. We’ll show you how research is used in policy-making and evaluation. You’ll develop research and design skills, and specialise in an aspect of planning.
- Values in Planning
- Perspectives on Spatial Planning and Development
- Research Methods
- Integrated Project or Urban Design in the Global South and International Field Class
Examples of optional modules
- Transport Planning
- International Real Estate Planning
- Sustainable Development in Practice
- Health, Wellbeing and the Build Environment
- Cities of the South: Planning for Informality
- Governance and Participation in the Global South
- Issues in Housing
- Planning Law
- Advanced Software Skills for Urban Design
Study in Europe
You have the option to spend the spring semester at one of our European partner universities.
1 year full-time
You’ll need a good honours degree or equivalent qualification from an approved institution.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It is a quick and easy process.
If you'd like to know more about any aspect of our courses, contact us: