MPH/Diploma/Certificate Master of Public Health (Managing and Leadership)
School of Health and Related Research, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health
We tackle some of the world’s greatest health challenges to improve the health and care of people across the globe.
About the course
Course description 2017
The course combines public health, management, health services research and health economics. You’ll learn management skills and take optional modules from the MPH course. This combination is not available from an MBA or a pure MPH or MSc programme.
- Leading and Managing Health Services
- Health Care Financing and Economic Evaluation
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Health Needs Assessment, Planning and Evaluation
- Promoting Evidence-based Health Care
- Using Policy to Strengthen Health Systems
Examples of optional modules
- Foundations of Leadership and Teamwork
- Advanced Topics in Leadership: Leading in Challenging Times
- Communicable Disease Control
- Disaster and Emergency Management
- Public Health Informatics
- Social Determinants of Health Inequalities
- Health Promotion
- Systematic Reviews and Critical Appraisal Techniques
- Key Issues in Global Public Health
Teaching and assessment
There are lectures, seminars, tutorials and independent study. Assessment is by coursework, examinations and a dissertation.
- 1 year full-time
- 2/3 years part-time
2:1 honours degree or relevant professional qualification and experience.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It is a quick and easy process.
If you'd like to know more about any aspect of our courses, contact us:
Teaching Support Unit
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.