Connecting to Eduroam at Other Institutions
On a Laptop
Eduroam is the educational roaming wireless network. You should be able to connect to eduroam at other Universities using the following steps:
- Click your wireless or airport icon and search for available wireless networks
- Select eduroam at the institution and click the connect button.
- When asked for your username, type it in followed by @shef.ac.uk eg email@example.com
- Provide your password and click Connect.
Your computer should be able to connect to the eduroam wireless network at your host institution using your Sheffield details provided.
On a Smartphone
It's effectively the same procedure to connect your smartphone to eduroam at another institution:
- Go to wifi settings
- Select eduroam at the institution
- Enter your username followed by @sheffield.ac.uk
- Enter your password
- Tap Join or Connect
- Accept the security certificate
Your phone should connect.