Shared Commonwealth Scholarships 2013
The application process for students beginning their studies at the University of Sheffield in 2013 has now closed. All eligible applicants for any future awards will be contacted in 2014.
There are three awards available for individuals with a strong academic background beginning their postgraduate study at the University in September 2013. Each award offers:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
- Flights to and from your home country
Applications for the Commonwealth Scholarships will be judged on academic merit and a personal statement. In your personal statement you should outline your personal goals and how studying at the University will help you achieve them.
The closing date for applications is 22nd March 2013.
All eligible offer holders will be emailed details of how to apply for the Shared Commonwealth Scholarship from January 2013 onwards.
If you have any questions about the Shared Commonwealth Scholarship, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. You must hold an offer to study one of the following courses by 15th March 2013.
2. Your mode of attendance must be full-time.
3. Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting all the conditions of your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
4. Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University.
5. You must not have previously studied for one year or more in a developed country.
6. You must be a national of a Commonwealth developing country (see below) and not at present living or studying in a developed country.
7. You must confirm that you will return to your home country as soon as you complete your studies at the University of Sheffield.
8. You must confirm that you are unable to personally pay your tuition fees and maintenance costs.
Commonwealth developing countries