Dr John Israilidis
BSc (Athens), MSc (Loughborough), PhD (Loughborough), FAPM, SFHEA
Lecturer in Information & Knowledge Management
+44 114 222 6332
Full contact details
Regent Court (IS)
I received my PhD and MSc from Loughborough University.
Before joining the University of Sheffield, I held academic positions at Nottingham Business School.
- Research interests
My research interests currently focus on ignorance management, organisational learning and strategic decision-making. I am particularly interested in studying how our mind operates under bounded constraints, exploring the interplay between knowledge and ignorance to optimise the way in which we make decisions. My work also looks at strategies for enhancing knowledge sharing in organisations.
I am interested in supervising PhD students in the following areas:
- Strategic knowledge management
- Organisational and cross-organisational learning
- Managing knowledge in project environments
- Knowledge networks and boundaries
- Supplier satisfaction with public sector competitive tendering processes. Journal of Public Procurement, 21(2), 183-205.
- Exploring knowledge management perspectives in smart city research: A review and future research agenda. International Journal of Information Management, 56, 101989-101989.
- Why organizations fail to share knowledge: an empirical investigation and opportunities for improvement. Information Technology & People, 34(5), 1513-1539.
- Individual variables with an impact on knowledge sharing: the critical role of employees’ ignorance. Journal of Knowledge Management, 19(6), 1109-1123.
- Examining Information and Knowledge Processes to Enhance Best Practices in Agile Knowledge Intensive Environments. Knowledge and Process Management, 19(4), 171-179.
- Professional activities and memberships
- External Examiner for the Undergraduate Project Management provision at Salford Business School
- External Examiner for the Pre-Masters in Management, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism at the University of Surrey
- Reviewer for Information Technology & People and the Journal of Knowledge Management
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Certified Scrum Master and Prince2 Project Management Practitioner
- Recipient of APM Fellowship (2020)