Information for current students
Key links for those currently studying in the Information School.
Your online Student Handbook is your first port of call for all the information you will need during your time with us. It contains a wealth of information about the School, the University and your degree, along with links to numerous other resources.
- Unfair means: you MUST read and understand this section. Use of unfair means is strictly forbidden and can result, in extreme cases, in expulsion from the University.
- Forms: a quick list of the various forms you will often need.
- Teaching timetables: a searchable system showing timetable information for each module.
Contact the IS Taught Programmes Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the handbook for Information School MPhil and PhD students, containing information and resources tailored to students working at a research degree level.
Contact the IS Postgraduate Research Team on email@example.com
- Information School new student guide 2019-20 (PDF, 1.52MB)
- Code of practice for student representation (PDF, 318KB)
Key University links
SSiD: Student Services provide full support for all students, and can help with all accommodation, regulatory, registration and fees matters.
The University Library: Your physical and virtual gateway to a vast wealth of academic resources, with 24/7 access and support.
301: The Student Skills and Development Centre offers a flexible, modern space with a range of services and activities including workshops, advice, support and on-line facilities.
Students’ Union: Sheffield Students’ Union enhances your student life through activities, sport, representation, entertainment, services and support.
A world-class university – a unique student experience
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.