Student support and welfare
As a mature student at the University of Sheffield, you will be entitled to access all the opportunities and resources open to any other student.
Student support within the department
The Department for Lifelong Learning has a dedicated Student Support and Welfare team who provide specialist support and guidance to mature students. Some of the areas they are able to assist you with include:
- Meeting deadlines, extension requests & managing unforeseen circumstances
- Referral to University support
- Planning workload
- Personal worries or stress
- Sickness, absence & compassionate leave
- Disability support
- Referrals to sources of financial advice
- Understanding results
- Taking time out from University
Student support at the University
All Department for Lifelong Learning students can also access the wide range of support services available across the university, including:
Register now and join us at one of our monthly online events to find out more about us.
A world-class university – a unique student experience
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.